- Britney to Satan (via Twitter): Just Kidding by Leah Greenblatt, Entertainment Weekly Music Mix, November 12, 2009
- Paddy Power Britney’s Twitter Account Hacked, Paddy Power Ask: Who Next?, Gaming Supermarket, November 12, 2009
- Is She Really A Satanist? Britney Spears’ Twitter Account Hacked (Update) by Robert Quigley, Mediaite, November 12th, 2009
- Britney Spears Twitter Turns Satanic by Mitch Michaels, 411mania.com, 11.12.2009
- Either Britney Spears is now worshipping the devil or her Twitter account has been hacked by Whitney Fay, Examiner, November 12, 2009
- Britney Spears' Twitter, MySpace accounts hacked, Associated Press, via Google News, November 13, 2009
One of the above stories speculated that the hacker might be an actual Satanist or Devil worshiper. Also, Air America's copy of the AP story is titled Britney Spears' Twitter Account Hacked By Satanist -- although the AP story itself does NOT, itself, allege that the hacker was a Satanist. I think it's exceedingly unlikely that the hacker is an actual Satanist.
More likely, the hacker is just a prankster, or perhaps someone with a grudge against Britney Spears. Obviously, the hacker is someone familiar with grand conspiracy ideology, and was most likely hoping that grand conspiracy ideologists would keep the story alive forever, like the Proctor and Gamble "Satanism" hoax.
So far, the story does not appear to have been picked up by very many major media sites. And, as far as I can tell so far, even "conspiracy theorists" recognize that it's a hoax. In a story on Alex Jones's Prison Planet, a major purveyor of grand conspiracy ideology, it is acknowledged that "Chances are unless new world order and Illuminati are the names of indie bands, Brit has no clue what those terms mean. And as for the praise for Lucifer, everyone knows Britney doesn’t speak in tongues … she lip-synchs."